1st of all, tomorrow is my birthday! There’s no better time to reflect and count my abundance of blessings than right before the anniversary of the day of my birth. My husband keeps asking me, “what do you want to do for your birthday?” My response, “Nothing, I’m completely happy and good with just being and not celebrating this year.”
- My parents will be flying in from Chicago (today) to celebrate my 35th birthday with me. I’m grateful to God that I have the most incredible Mami and Papi. No matter where I’ve lived whether it be in my own apartment in Chicago, San Francisco, and now in Houston, they are always there with me.
- My grandmother (Mi Abuelita) will also be with me to welcome another year. She is fighting Cancer and every birthday I get to spend with her is a true blessing. She fills my heart with joy. Thank you, God, for continuing to bless us with her and give her strength.
- MY HUSBAND! I couldn’t have dreamed of a more LOVING, KIND, SUPPORTIVE MAN who loves me fully and unconditionally all the time. He wakes me up every single day with kisses. I fall asleep every night in his arms with a smile on my face. Whatever I did to be so blessed in love, I thank God for him every chance I get.
- My health. I’m alive. I’m strong. I’m able to do yoga and dance. Thank you, Lord, for your gift of health.
- My friends and family who’ve always been there for me. Everyone’s love and support are a gift in my life. I’m so proud of my people who are following their bliss, in whatever fashion it may be. Your courage to be true to yourselves inspires me. Thank you, for putting your love out into the world.
I’m happy. I’m blessed. I’m Thankful!